Greater Washington Publishing, LLC (GWP), part of The Washington Post Company, is an equal opportunity employer. All employment at GWP is subject to a pre-employment background check. We offer an exciting & friendly atmosphere with an emphasis on performance and achievement. If you want to join a company with great longevity of staff, award winning publications and great salaries and benefits, then this is the company for you!
Full Stack Engineer
We're looking for an ambitious, product-oriented Full Stack Engineer to join our team. Our Engineers work as a team with our UX Designers and Product Manager to deliver high quality new home and apartment lisitngs applications. Combined, we have over 100,000 unique monthly visitors to our web properties.
We use Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, React, and Redux. Experience with Rails, React and PostgreSQL is required. You will be responsible for producing high quality, test driven code to meet and exceed product requirements.
More about what you'll do in these roles:
- Participate in all stages of software development - from early brainstorming to coding and bug fixing
- Write excellent, performant code and associated tests
- Work on both front and back-end code
- Discuss product requirements with others, both inside and outside of engineering
More about what we're looking for:
- 2-4 years developing web applications
- Experience with CSS (multiple frameworks), Rails, React, PostgreSQL (or another relational db) is required
- Passion for building great user interfaces
- Experience with React on Rails, Redux, ElasticSearch or Redis, or DevOps is a bonus
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Looking for highly motivated individual, unafraid to share ideas, and take responsibility for learning about and maintaining existing feature implementations and for developing new features within the existing application framework
- Familiarity with agile processes and experience working on a software team
- Git - we use Bitbucket
- Team player, ability to teach as well as learn
As part of The Washington Post and Companies, we offer comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, 401k, free fitness center, telework, casual dress and flexible hours. Benefits eligibilty starts as of your first day of hire.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and salary range, as well as examples of applications you have worked on utilizing any of the above technology. Please explain why the technology was used and how it was implemented.
Submit below, or email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can APPLY HERE.
The following benefits are available for Full-Time Greater Washington Publishing, LLC employees:
- Medical Insurance (Aetna & Kaiser Permanente)
- Dental Insurance (Aetna)
- Health Care Spending Account
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Employee Optional Life Insurance
- Spouse Life Insurance
- Child Life Insurance
- Group Legal
- Financial Planning
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flex Time Work Hours (determined with Supervisor)
- Matching 401k after 1 year of employment