Greater Washington Publishing, LLC (GWP), a subsidiary of The Washington Post Company, is an equal opportunity employer. All employment at GWP is subject to a pre-employment background check. We offer an exciting & friendly atmosphere with an emphasis on performance and achievement. If you want to join a company with great longevity of staff, award winning publications and great salaries and benefits, then this is the company for you!
Hi, we're Greater Washington Publishing, LLC, purveyors of fine local directories and, if we were one to name drop, a subsidiary of The Washington Post Company. We enjoy the internet, web programming, wearing flip flops to the office and the occasional long walk on the beach. We're known for our award-winning publications & websites, as well as our charming personalities and great longevity of staff.
More importantly, we want to know about you. We are looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails developer to join our little web team. This position will provide support in all phases of development for all GWP web and mobile products, which includes planning, implementation, conversion and maintenance of both current and future projects. We’d like our new teammate to have solid experience with rapidly developing web applications, and the ability to deliver projects on time with high-quality results.
- 3+ years of professional experience using Ruby on Rails
- A working knowledge of NoSQL (MongoDB) or relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with JSON, GIT, Nginx, Varnish, Memcache, Unicorn
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Work effectively on multiple tasks
Any of the following experience would be beneficial but is not required:
- Experience with scalability with AWS or other cloud hosting providers
- Experience with Sencha Touch, jQuery Mobile, or Node.js
As a subsidiary of The Washington Post Company, we offer comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, free fitness center and flexible hours.
Got what it takes? Then please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Greater Washington Publishing, LLC
attn.: IT Director
Alternatively, you can APPLY HERE.
The following benefits are available for Full-Time Greater Washington Publishing, LLC employees:
- Medical Insurance (Aetna & Kaiser Permanente)
- Dental Insurance (Aetna)
- Health Care Spending Account
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Employee Optional Life Insurance
- Spouse Life Insurance
- Child Life Insurance
- Group Legal
- Financial Planning
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flex Time Work Hours (determined with Supervisor)
- Matching 401k after 1 year of employment