Ruby on Rails Developer
Hi, we're Greater Washington Publishing, LLC, purveyors of fine local directories and, if we were one to name drop, a subsidiary of The Washington Post Company. We enjoy the internet, web programming, wearing flip flops to the office and the occasional long walk on the beach. We're known for our award-winning publications & websites, as well as our charming personalities and great longevity of staff.
More importantly, we want to know about you. We are looking for an experienced Web Developer to join our team. This position will provide support in all phases of development for all GWP web and mobile products, which includes planning, implementation, conversion and maintenance of both current and future projects. We’d like our new teammate to have solid experience with rapidly developing web applications, and the ability to deliver projects on time with high-quality results. Our programming is prrimarily Ruby on Rails. If you don't know Ruby, but have wanted to learn, we are willing to teach the right candidate. Telecommuting will be considered for this position.
- 1+ years of professional Web Development experience
- A working knowledge of NoSQL (MongoDB) or relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with a version control system, we use Git
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Work effectively on multiple tasks
Any of the following experience would be beneficial but is not required:
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with scalability with AWS or other cloud hosting providers
- Experience with Sencha Touch, jQuery Mobile, or Node.js
- Experience with Memcached, Varnish or other caching technologies
As part of The Washington Post and Companies, we offer comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, 401k, free fitness center, telework and flexible hours.
Got what it takes? Then please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Greater Washington Publishing, LLC
attn.: Director of Digital Strategy & Development
Alternatively, you can APPLY HERE.